Who We Are
The Faith Center was founded over 20 years ago by Bill (pictured above) and Lori Briggs. As music directors in their church, they felt compelled by the need to equip the generations who would succeed them. Their passion is to see individuals fulfill their artistic potential, entering the ranks of the creative producers that influence society.
Bill Briggs received his B.S. Mus. Ed. from Eastern Nazarene College. Bill holds his Masters of Music in tuba performance from Penn State University and his Master of Education from Concordia University. As a member of the music faculty at County College of Morris, Bill teaches World Music, Enjoyment of Music, Studio Brass, and is the Principle Director of the College Wind Ensemble. Bill is also the founder and chairman of Living Worship, a coalition of pastors and worship leaders who meet to study biblical worship. He is also a co-author of the Worship 101 curriculum and the “Why Do We Gather Bible Study”, He has also developed a curriculum for teaching introductory recorder as a way of helping missionaries use music to build relationships in their communities.
What started as musical instruction for a few children has grown into several programs across New Jersey.
You can read more about our Success Stories here.
We want to see Faith Center students and instructors actively involved in shaping culture both locally and globally. We plan to achieve this by:
- Encouraging individuals to discover their God-given artistic talents and abilities in the performing and visual arts.
- Enabling individuals to develop their artistic talents and abilities.
- Empowering individuals to use their talents and abilities for the purpose of improving the world and honoring God.
- We believe that in order for people to live out their full potential they must learn to be creative and become producers. This can be accomplished through the arts, which in turn transforms all areas of life.
- We believe our most important work is developing great people who are also great artists.
- We believe that great teachers are the best way to develop great students. Faith Center hires teachers who hold a degree in their area of expertise.
- We encourage our instructors to add to the creative content of our society.
- We encourage our students to take bold steps to be involved with the creative process.
- We believe that the family is essential to any good learning process and we incorporate the family into everything we do.
- We believe that in order to develop the heart of the artist it is necessary to help each student cultivate a relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ.