Designed for students who have completed advanced levels. The Coda Program is not another level. Instead, the Coda Program advances our students by the study of great musical literature. Students are placed in Chamber Ensembles based on instrument and ability level. In addition to their 45-minute Chamber Ensemble Class, students must also participate in a 45-minute large ensemble experience called Coda Symphonic Ensemble. Coda Symphoninc Ensemble allows students to play in a symphonic-styled ensemble utilizing the instruments of the traditional orchestra. It is the required combination class for the Coda Chamber Ensemble Class. The Coda Chamber Ensemble Class and Coda Symphonic ensemble, together, count as one class toward the student’s maximum of three core classes. Students are encouraged to take a private lesson at least twice monthly, as well.
Coda Chamber Ensemble Classes:
- Coda Flute Ensemble
- Coda Reed Ensemble: oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon
- Coda Brass Ensemble: trumpet, french horn, trombone, tuba
- Coda Percussion Ensemble: drums and mallets
- Coda String Ensemble: violin, viola, cello, bass
- Coda Guitar Ensemble (not required to Participate in Coda Symphonic Ensemble)